Making your own Asexy pin if you’re poor and don’t have a button maker or money to purchase a button.
You will need:
- Some card stock, the thicker and whiter, the better.
- A safety pin.
- A hot glue gun and at least one little gluestick thing
- But some duct tape would honestly probably work as well.
- Markers in black, grey and purple.
- Some box tape or book tape
- A surface to use the glue gun on that you won’t get in trouble for getting glue all over, i.e. some newspaper or a paper plate.
- A go-get-em attitude
- (Optional) Something to trace a triangle shape. I used my Deathly Hallows necklace, so if you’re a nerd too, you might have something, I don’t know).
- Get your card stock and draw a triangle, using the triangle shaped object to trace it if you want to.
- Color it before you cut it out, overlapping your lines slightly. Black on the top, then grey, then white, then purple.
- Cut it out. Careful, now.
- Take the box tape and lay the triangle facedown on it, folding the tape over to the back as much as you can without having shit sticking up. This makes a sort of poor man’s laminate in case you like to walk around in the rain a lot. It also makes it shiny.
- Get a glob of hot glue on the back and put the safety pin on it (with the pin part up, be sure. You may laugh, but you won’t when you make that mistake).
- Once the safety pin is relatively stuck to the back, use some more hot glue and make sure it totally covers the lower bar of the safety pin to hold it in place. Really, just go crazy, as long as it’s not visible from the frontside of the pin, or interferes with the safety pin working.
- If you’re using the duct tape, just get a strip that’s as short and thin as it has to be in order to not be visible from the front, but as wide and long as is possible, and sort of thread it sticky-side down through the bottom bar of the safety pin to stick it to the backside of the pin. It’ll be a bit flimsier than the glue, but you gotta work with what you got.
- Wait til it dries totally completely and all the way.
- Pin it to your bag even though your bag isn’t as cool as mine.
- Flaunt that asexiness.
PROTIP: You might find that trimming the sharp edges of the triangle a little bit is a good idea. Personally, I kept stabbing myself accidentally every time I tried to open my zipper. But if you’re hardcore you may not want to.